Other Information

Joiners Insurance

Joiners Insurance

Having worked with ​​Joiners for decades, MBC Insurance knows about your industry and how you need to protect yourself and your business. We have tailored ​​joiners insurance based on talking with our joiner clients. Our Cork and Kerry team are just a call away for any questions or issues.

Join the growing numbers of joiners who trust MBC Insurance to look after their insurance requirements.

Typically quotes can be turned around in minutes, with flexible payment plans available.

Why is joiners insurance important?

The type of equipment you use and the number of employees you have on site present specific risks to your trade. We insure hundreds of joiners every year, and we know how to create a customised joiners insurance policy.. Whether it’s a public liability case or equipment theft, MBC Insurance has got you covered..
Our policies provide protection from big claims for third party injury or property damage including allegations made against you
public liability limits of cover for joiners beginning at €2,600,000 worth of cover up to the industry standard levels of €6,500,000

What does joiners insurance cover?

Our policies cover the damage to property or for injuries you cause to the public as a result of your operations. Many joiners insurance policies include employers’ liability cover – providing cover for employees, full time or part time of the business – cover can be extended to include your own personal accident insurance and protection for your tools and equipment.

How much does joiners insurance cost?

Typically prices begin for sole trader joiners (excluding roofing cover) at circa €550.00 *
*Prices are subject to individual quotation & underwriting details and customers own trading and claims history.

What does Public liability insurance for joiners Cover?

Public Liability cover is in case someone is injured or their property gets damaged, because of your Carpentry business.
What’s typically covered by public liability insurance?
Claims against your business for:
damage to someone’s property, caused by your work
injuries caused by your business activities
accidental damage or injury caused by your employees, if you have any
If you do employ anyone either formally or casually , you should really consider having employers’ liability insurance too.

For example:
You damage a customer’s existing property whilst installing or building an item on site. While working on a client’s extension you injury some one , or someone falls over your tools or equipment

Which type of workers do I need insurance for?

Employers’ liability insurance whilst not a legal requirement in Ireland would be important if you employ people.
If you have people working for you, including bona fide subcontractors (BFSC), labour-only subcontractors (LOSC), part-timers, or full-time staff, employers’ liability insurance could protect you from being personally liable for injury in the event of a claim

Joiners Tools insurance
In case your joiner’s tools are lost, stolen or damaged.

What’s typically covered by tools insurance for joiners?

loss, damage or theft of your hand tools, power tools and specialist joinery equipment
For example:
someone breaks into your locked garage overnight, stealing €2,000 worth of tools and equipment