Need a Quote?
MBC INSURANCE FARM INSURANCE
PROTECTING YOUR FARM, YOUR FAMILY & YOUR HOME.
From the smallest Farm holding to the Largest Agricultural Contracting Risk MBC Insurance has you covered. With almost 30 years experience providing Farm Insurance covers to the farming industry MBC Insurance can provide you with the most extensive covers and competitive premiums.
MBC Insurance’s Commercial Business team have a tradition and experiencing in dealing with agricultural related insurance risks. We know and understand the market and have forged unique relationships with a number of large Agricultural based insurance underwriters to provide unrivalled covers.
Our farming insurance and agricultural insurance packages offer comprehensive cover, and are customised to suit your unique business needs.
Some of the covers provided by our extensive Farm Insurance product range is as follows:
- Farm dwelling and contents
- Agricultural Produce
- Deterioration of stock
- Farm vehicles (tractors, jeeps, loaders, quad bikes etc)
- Personal accident
- Business interruption
10 tips for choosing the right Farm Insurance
- Decide what kind of cover you need – Of course, you want to ensure everything on your farm is protected, from your livestock to your vehicles and your home. While some policies may have too much or not enough cover for your needs, we can find you a policy that is the perfect fit. Make sure you review & update your policy as much as you can so you are not paying for cover you may no longer require.
- Look at the level of Public & Products Liability offered – Public & Products Liability covers your legal responsibility for accidental injury to anyone, or loss and damage to any third party property. The limits can vary for €2.6m up to €6.5m, so make sure you are adequately covered.
- Look at the level of Employers Liability covered – If you have paid workers or family members who help on your farm from time-to-time, you will want to be sure you are protected if anything should happen to them. Having Employers Liability covers you for the costs and expenses of claimants you are legally liable for and other costs incurred which can be very expensive. Cover can also extend cover for any voluntary helpers at a reduced rate, and there is no stipulation around having paid staff.
- Consider cover for your Farm Vehicles – Protection for the vehicles you use to get around your farm is not a given with all insurance policies. If you have a tractor, trailer or any other agriculture vehicle that you depend on, consider the type of cover you need for it, like third party, fire and theft, or comprehensive cover. The majority for farm related accidents involve Farm machinery so do not take any chances. If it is a self-propelled vehicle, then it requires motor insurance!
- Protect your Livestock – Consider what level of protection you need for your livestock. There are many things you can do to protect your animals, which will protect you should something go wrong. Consider fatal injury protection, which protects you in the event of fatal injury & loss in case of fire, lightning or explosion, theft of livestock, and sheep worrying.
- Protect yourself against Theft – Unfortunately, theft happens. Your equipment is not only your livelihood, but it is expensive to replace. Make sure your policy gives you all-risks cover for your agriculture equipment so that in the case of theft, fire or accidental damage, you will not be left out-of-pocket. In addition, you can also protect against theft of diesel and theft of tools.
- Protect your health – No one wants to think about it, but the farm would not function the same without you. That is why it is important to make sure you are covered for personal accident for injury or death.
- Protect the roof over your head – While you will want to protect your livelihood by insuring your livestock, equipment and vehicles, consider a policy that protects the home you live in, too. A policy that protects your farm-dwelling house will not only insure the building, but also the home contents and business contents that are integral to keep you going. Also, don’t forget to consider cover for your Outbuildings & the Contents contained within. Fire & Storm Damage cover is available for Outbuildings.
- Make it easy on yourself – When you are looking for a farm insurance policy, you want to make sure you are getting the most suitable cover at the best price. At MBC Insurance, we have experience & knowledge of finding the covers our farm customers require at the best rates with access to four different farm insurers. We are only a phone call away when you need us most & we look after your insurance matters so that you can focus on looking after the farm.
- Go with a company you trust – When it comes to finding the right farm insurance, you will want to make sure you are dealing with a company you can trust. MBC Insurance have a dedicated farm team & all our farm customers have a single dedicated farm advisor who is available to help you and answer any questions you have.
JOIN THE MANY FARMERS WHO ARE SWITCHING TO MBC INSURANCE
Have you questions about Farm Insurance?