It is that time of the year again when we all look to head off on our holidays, some of us when traveling abroad choose to hire a car but are we all aware of the terms and conditions of the contract we sign for our hire car?
- Do you know that all Car Hire Companies have an excess of anything between €900 & €2,500 , that you have to pay if the vehicle is damaged?
- If it is damaged they just take an amount of money from your credit card
- You have signed the terms and conditions, so they can do it without your permission
- When collecting car , make sure you check the vehicle for damage
- They determine the amount – Most people only become aware of this after they have been charged
Car Hire Excess Policy Cover Summary
- Damage & theft excess on hire cars – up to €4,000
- Cover Available
- Single Hire (up to 180 continuous days)
- Annual – includes in country cover (up to 62 continuous days)
- Age Limit 21 – 84 years
- Maximum cover limit
- €4,000 any one claim
- €5,000 any one year on annual policy
- Car rental only
- Family Cover available (immediate family)
- No excess – full claim paid
- Policy also covers
- Fire, Theft & Vandalism
- Tyres, Keys and windows
- Optional Cover – Supplemental Liability Insurance if travelling to North America
With cover costing only €2.99 per day in Europe and €3.99 per day in North America it might save you from a very costly bill.
Buy today via the MBC Insurance Website at MBC Insurance Car Hire Excess Insurance